EuroClojure is thrilled to provide Opportunity Grants to support community members from underrepresented groups who would not otherwise be able to attend the conference for financial reasons. The purpose of these grants is to remove obstacles to attendance while increasing the diversity of the Clojure community.
We want you to apply!
- Already attended a conference in the past? That’s ok.
- Already received a grant in the past? Still ok.
- Don’t have much (or any) Clojure experience? That’s ok, we can help!
- Don’t know anyone going? We have a guide program and organized Meetups!
- Don’t want to take money away from someone else? Really, it’s ok, everyone says that!
- Don’t feel like you deserve this? That’s also ok: you do.
Applicants should be a member of an underrepresented group in tech – women, people of color, LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities, or other underrepresented groups not listed, and be unable to attend the conference without some financial assistance. Awardees should plan to attend the full conference (July 20-21, 2017 in Berlin, Germany).
Applications will be reviewed by a diverse selection committee. By completing the application, you indicate that you meet the eligibility requirements.
Due to limited funds, the selection committee will use the information provided (properly anonymized) to prioritize applicant grants based on these criteria:
- Prior interest or investment in Clojure
- Involvement in a programming-oriented community (not necessarily Clojure)
- Likelihood of future community involvement
- Early submission – we award grants on a rolling basis and early submission is recommended
- European over international – to maximize the benefit of funds for travel, we primarily award grants to applicants from Europe
The best way to help the selection committee is by providing detailed information in the application.
Grant recipients will receive a conference registration ticket and may request support for travel and hotel. EuroClojure registration includes lunch, snacks, and evening events. Additionally, there will be a separate program to request a conference guide who has previously attended EuroClojure and can answer questions or give recommendations.
Fill out the Opportunity Grant Application between March 13 and April 21, 2017. All applications will be kept confidential other than the grant review board. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications Open: Monday, March 13, 2017
- Applications Close: Friday, April 21, 2017
- Applicant Notification: On a rolling basis, no later than Wednesday, April 26, 2017
All attendees, speakers, sponsors and staff at EuroClojure are required to agree with the Code of Conduct of the event. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.